The Starrett 380 Series Steel Straight Edge is precision ground and nicely finished to rigid Starrett standards. It is unexcelled for drawing or scribing straight lines and checking surfaces for straightness. Its thickness and design permit it to retain shape and accuracy, but still be portable and easy to handle. The 380 Series is not beveled or graduated. The 385 Series are beveled one edge, but not graduated. The 387 Series has one edge that is both beveled and graduated in 32nds of an inch. The 380 and 385 Series in sizes 36" and longer are marked with arrows at two suspension points. If the straight edges are brought to the work and used on edge, they should be suspended at these two points to minimize deflection. Most jobs involve the use of straight edges in the flat position - and it is in this position that we check most stringently. 36" (900mm).
- The finest precision-checking squares - not graduated. Squareness accuracy to .0001" (0.0025mm) every 6" (150mm)
- The blades are beveled on both edges of each side, which provides an excellent visual line contact with the work.
- These hardened steel squares are used when extreme accuracy is required.
- The beams and blades are hardened, ground and lapped to ensure parallelism and straightness.
- The beam is grooved at the inner corner for clearance of burr or dirt.
- Made of high quality tool steel, with the finest of craftsmanship throughout.
- Made in America: Yes
- Blade Length (in): 3"
- Blade Length (mm): 75mm
- Beam Length (in): 2-3/8"
- Beam Length (mm): 60mm
- Material: Steel