Scotch-Brite™ Roloc™ Light Grinding and Blending Disc 2" SD Blue
- Grinds and blends in a single step
- 3M™ ceramic aluminum oxide abrasives combines high cut-rate with blending ability to eliminate finishing steps
- Disc backup pad helps provide high edge durability for consistent finishing and long disc life
- Scotch-Brite™ material won’t melt on hot welds allowing blending without waiting
- Convenient 3M™ Roloc™ attachment system offers quick and easy disc change-out for multi-step finishing processes
We constructed our Scotch-Brite™ Roloc™ Light Grinding and Blending Discs with a ceramic abrasive grain blend to achieve a high cut-rate for optimal weld grinding and blending in mild-steel applications. In these instances, Light Grinding and Blending discs are designed to effectively blend and refine a grade 36 scratch or finer.
Additionally, our Light Grinding and Blending discs can often single-handedly prepare surfaces for painting, where a 3 mil or greater paint thickness is being applied, without adding a final dual-action sanding step.
3M™ ceramic aluminum oxide abrasive is a ceramic mineral designed using our proprietary process to enhance toughness and hardness of the grain for a higher level performance. Ceramic aluminum oxide blend is engineered to fracture frequently and surpasses aluminum oxide abrasives in both cut-rate and durability. Perfect for moderate to heavy stock removal as well as finishing, ceramic abrasives are built to cut fast and handle intense heat and stress applications.
Our 3M™ Roloc™ quick change discs are smaller discs that easily and quickly attach onto a Roloc™ disc pad (sold separately) so that you can conveniently change discs fast and easily to accommodate different tasks or multi-step finishing processes. The Roloc™ system provides a secure attachment even for heavy-duty applications, and the variety of available 3M™ Roloc™ discs allows swapping from one application to the next in seconds. Each disc is also color-coded to identify its grade, making it easy to grab the grade required for different applications.